LINK

My experience with Allianz insurance and Avis car hire in Australia



I recently used an Avis hire car due to some one’s fault i.e. he hit my car from rear (bumper) at traffic lights and end up using his Allianz insurance policy to fix the damages to my car.
Even though his insurance is covering to fix the damages it’s really painful to go to the repairer for valuation/ assessment, giving car for repair for a week time and picking/ dropping hire car. Its pain because car repairer and hire car vendor opens their offices during the standard office hours and it’s hard to get out of work place during  the office hours. I think there should be a law to cover the number of work hours insurer lose due to the accident.

Even though I have gone through above painful process, it’s not bad to deal with Allianz insurance. They are good in customer care and easy to deal with.
After hitting my car from rear, the person who hit told that he has comprehensive insurance with Allianz, and later he called them and claimed insurance. During the insurance claim he has provided all my details to Allianz and then Allianz called me to follow-up and asked me to visit repairer for estimation to fix my car. I have visited Allianz authorised car repairer located in Mount Druitt, NSW (Mount Druitt auto body repairs) and it seems they sent quote to Allianz directly. After a week time, received call from Allianz saying that insurer met all conditions or authorised my repairs and I can go to car repairer to fix my car. As repairer took a week time to fix my car, Allianz agreed to provide me hire car during that time. Again hiring car is easy process. Allianz called Avis to book a car for me and then I picked up from Avis Parramatta (NSW).
Finally after a week, my car fixed and received call from Mount Druitt auto body repairs to collect my car. I was happy with Mount Druitt auto body repairs professionalism and they did good job in fixing my car.
One strange thing I found is when I used hire car from Avis, I should use Avis/RMS e-toll tag. Avis says I can’t use my own e-tag. After using Avis e-tag, RMS will deduct money directly from your credit card which you have given to Avis.  After some research I found this website (Rental car tolling) to download hire car e-toll invoice (receipt). To download hire car e-toll invoice, you need hire car agreement number which you receive from hire Car Company like Avis, budget, thrifty etc… and your Surname.

When I entered agreement number and surname, I can’t retrieve my toll details/ invoice and got following error message. I called RMS with the following message, they said it tales 2- 4 weeks before I can download statement or visible on my credit card statement (the one which I have given while picking up hire car)
The rental agreement number or your last name is not valid, please try again.
Hope it this article helps reader as a review on Avis car Hire Company, Allianz insurance and Mount Druitt auto body repairs :-)

Please share on social media using following buttons if you found this post helpful.